Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hike #17 Mount Baldy on May 29, 2008



Ok. I decided to end my hiking routine with a monstrous attempt. Keep in mind that I am horribly out of shape so to accomplish this is very encouraging to myself. Mount Baldy is actually Mount San Antonio but it got the name of Baldy because the very tip appears to be bald from the lower elevations.
I started my hiking this year in April at a hefty 275 lbs. Now here it is June and I'm sitting just under 230 lbs. Unfortunately I have to stop the hiking for a while because both of my knees are worn out and I can now barely walk. So... I'll be losing some more weight by alternative means for a month or two and hopefully I can get my weight down to 200 lbs. before I start to hit the trails again.
The climb to Mount Baldy was very enjoyable and it is one that I will most definitely be doing again in the very near future.

No comments: