Friday, May 16, 2008

Hike #13 Big Pines Area May 14-15


I decided to head up to Big Pines area just west of Wrightwood on the 14th of May to knock out the 4 hikes that are listed in Jerry Schad's book Afoot & Afield in Los Angeles County ( here at amazon ) for the Big Pines area A-14. There are several more hikes to do up there besides those and I will return to accomplish at least the one mentioned in Robinson's book (this book) as well.
It was a beautiful couple of days for hiking and strolling through the large Jeffrey Pines was quite the treat for me. I did tire a bit earlier than I had expected and headed home early on Thursday after also stopping and walking the mormon rock park in San Bernadino County. Overall a very enjoyable 1 and a half days of hiking. Oh yeah, my blue ridge trail hike ended at about 9:00 p.m. so it was my first hike in the dark... good thing that I set up my tent before heading out on the trail.

No comments: