Friday, May 09, 2008

Hike #12 Cattle Canyon


Another hike today. I got three in this week. I think I'll go for broke and try to hike every day next week if my feeble body can handle it.
I went on a hike down Cattle Canyon road which starts in the Sheep Mountain Wilderness right next to the old bridge on East Fork road in Azusa. Total hike distance is around 6 miles and this hike required 3 hours to hike. Not a bad time at all considering that this is a boulder hopping, stream splashing kind of a hike. If it wasn't for seeing the Western Tanager I doubt that I would ever do this hike again. The canyon is filled with graffiti and way to many stream crossings.
I can understand someone tagging with graffiti in a city, and in fact, some places I have come to expect it living in the Los Angeles area but what purpose or intent does it serve to tag in the middle of the forest? Sad sad sad is all I can say.

No comments: